Skip to content

Advisory Board Minutes for April 16, 2018

July 25, 2018

Walnut Creek Seniors Club
Advisory Board Meeting
April 16, 2018

 

The meeting was called to order at 9:35 am by President Annette Hammond.

 

Present: Rolando Salazar, Donn Sipes, Fred Rentschler, Kent Clancy, Barbara Bacon, Linda Ausplund, Annette Hammond, Jeanne Wolf.  Also in attendance were Adriane Lee Bird, Vanessa Rodriguez and Preston Jones (staff). Fred Weston from PROS attended.

  1. Approval of Agenda – approved.

Approval of Minutes – approved

Treasurer’s Report – Fred Rentschler reported for Treasurer Bob Mohler. Total funds as of 3-31-18 are $258,631 which includes restricted funds of $22,151.  Annette mentioned that we need to look for another Treasurer for next year as Bob indicated he will be retiring.

Correspondence – none

 

  1. Manager/Coordinator Update
    1. Adriane Lee Bird –Adriane reported that the search continues for Jody’s replacement for Trips. There are a couple of ways this could be handled. One is to join with Pleasant Hill Senior Club for trips. Pick up and payment would be in Walnut Creek. Another option is Pleasant Hill Travel Center. They will put trips together for WCSC. However, all the seats must be filled or there is a $50 charge for each empty seat. They have a good selection of trips.

Fred made a motion that we go with Pleasant Hill Senior Club for three months and see how it works out. This would be starting in November 2018. Linda seconded the motion and it carried 5-1.

Parking – Adriane is trying to get the back lot to be permit only for 10 am to 2 pm.  You will need the sticker or will be ticketed.

New chairs have been ordered and the lobby furniture is being replaced. The front patio is getting the landscaping next as well as bike racks and a living wall.

The Transport Grant she has been working on is looking good. Hopefully $157,000 for transportation and $38,500 for a new Electric Kia Sol. There is one catch and that is that WCSC must donate to help pay. She will look into fund raisers for this.

  1. Vanessa Rodriguez – For Volunteer Appreciation Week she has gotten the volunteers mugs. She will look for suggestions for something different next year.

The Fall Prevention Workshop had 40 people in attendance. In May, the CHP will do the Lunch and Learn event.  It will be on driver safety.  It is 9:30-11:30 am and attendees will get a certificate. In July there will be a discussion on Home Share for people 60 plus. It will list available rooms and the program is to be vetted by Covia (non-profit organization).

The next Giving in Gratitude only has 3 spots left.

  • Unfinished Business
    1. The Quarterly Social – Annette wants to plan how it will work. Fred and Barbara will be working on it. Adriane mentioned that it turns out that we can use our kitchen – which should help. Adriane has met with the Pleasant Hill caterer but she is not available on Fridays.
    2. Friday Social June – Barbara is working on it and it will be on the new front patio on June 22nd with wine, cheese, lemonade and birthday cake and the charge will be $5.
    3. Monthly Article about Volunteers –May will be Shirley Walker and Lorraine Freccero. June will be Dave Dredge and Bill Reilly (started the Creakers).
    4. See Below – MOU
    5. Jody Replacement –Annette says she has two people who might be interested in her position. Wayne has looked into American Stage Lines. They would require an on board coordinator.
    6. Cinco de Mayo – Salsa Verde will be the caterer. The cost will be about $6.50 per person.
    7. Waivers – Kent continues to work on these. The bicycle group is left.
    8. Memorandum of Understanding –Adriane is working on this. The liability/indemnity clause is not negotiable. The auto liability is being reviewed by the City. As to requiring membership in WCSC, it can only be required if WCSC sponsors the event/class. If the City sponsors, then no requirement. Adriane will have the city attorney draft the agreement and will email to the Board for further review.
  1. New Business/Reports..
    1. Ambassador’s reports – Donn stated the Creaker’s season is underway. Rained out last week. Fred reported that the Ski Club has been using their own cars and that has been working out.
    2. PROS – Fred reported that Kent attended their meeting about the fields not being available on Wednesdays. Perhaps some can be changed to Rudgear.

The meeting was the prior Monday and the capital budget for 2018-2020 is being worked on. The majority of money is going to Heather Farm and Civic Park. A consultant is being selected to help look at the City activities and what facilities will be needed and where. They went through the fees and charges and this must then go to the City Council. It looks like fee increases are coming.

  1. Stacy – Adriane reported that Stacy will stay on for 30 hrs a week and will be going to grad school.

 

Adjourned at 10:40 am.

 

Respectifully submitted,

Jeanne Wolf, Secretary

 

Advertisements

From → News

Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: